Life is what you make of it right? I think I have a pretty good one. Many wonderful friends, a loving family, LOTS of good adventures, lots of humor, and always some Disney magic...
The Great WALT DISNEY
"If you can dream it, you can do it."
"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
OH The Thinks You Can Think! When you think about SEUSS!
So, the show is over and I'm about to start the detox, but man it was fun! And I just love these people!
I'm a pretty goofy girl really. I'm not sure I ever grew up in some ways, maybe that's why Peter Pan is my favorite story. I grew up in sunny, perfect California-a place I miss almost everyday. So who knows why I am in Utah? Never know what twists and turns life is going to take. After a pretty sweet 4 years of BYU schooling and socializing, I started teaching in Lehi because it was the easy, convenient route. Then the quarter-life crisis hit and I took off for Florida to live a year of CRAZINESS...performing as characters at Disney World, and delivering flowers. Yep, delivering flowers. Disney World was a dream come true in some ways, and so not what I expected in others. Now I'm back in Utah teachin' drama to the children of Snow Springs Elementary, close to some family again, and constantly so thankful for wonderful, uplifting, supportive friends. Next big change? Hmmm...a move in the fall of '09 I think...perhaps to California to pursue more Disney dreams, maybe to Boston to get a Master's, possibly seminary teaching in Arizona...I dunno. Unless of course, Prince Charming decides to show up and change or add to that plan...which would be desirable
I loved it! So so so cheeeeeeesy! It transferred from the stage a little rougher than some, but I thought is was great to be able to see the BEAUTIFUL beach scenery that was provided in the movie. I definitely thought that Collin Firth should have played the fellow who ended up with the mom, Meryl Streep. He's much more attractive than Pierce. Basically, I LOVE this show on stage and I've seen it three times on Broadway, which I prefer, BUT I loved the movie :)
I saw this five man extravaganza in Park City, staring yes oh yes, Kevin Condie Jordan. He did a phenomenal job playing the "sensative" member of the band and his big song was hilarious. Pretty much I thought they were all great and talented and I actually thoroughly enjoyed the weird show.
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN! Amazing talent! Kind of a dirty show...little uncomfortable. I went to see it for my girl, Sutton Foster, and then it ended up being her UNDERSTUDY! Bah! I had a hard time getting over that throughout the performance...
THE LITTLE MERMAID! I loved it, I thought it was fabulous! I was very impressed with the direction they took with the story and the new songs written for the musical and the characterization. The whole show was done on Heely's...brilliant! There were a few picky set changes I would have made, but pretty much I thought it was great! Sherie Rene Scott was the bomb Ursella!
WICKED! This was my second time seeing this ingenious show and this time I was lucky enough to be in the 5th row, holy cow! Everyone needs to see this show, really. It was a great performance with a hardworking cast...it was rough to be comparing the leads to Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth, who I was privileged to see the first time...these girls really weren't as good BUT no complaints! They still did an awesome job! I saw the understudy for Elphaba and I was very proud of her, she was great.
5 comments:
Oh that looks like so much fun. I am sad I missed it. You always make friends so easy, how do you keep up? I miss your smiling face at work!
Looking at these pictures, I'm reminded again of why it is I love you so much. Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. I love you!
So talented! This was so much fun to see - you are a really fun person!
Dear jcallen family,
I don't know you. Reveal yourself or stop looking commenting on my blog.
These are amazing!
Post a Comment