The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boob Jobs

What the? Seriously...WHAT THE!? I encountered at least 6 of them at the gym yesterday. They're usually sporting a really tight low cut workout midriff. Some are the type that are literally only there to show their boobs-they take laps around the gym, mainly walking through the heavy male populated areas, occasionally picking up a hand weight.

I live in "happy valley" Mormon land and I'm pretty sure that most of these woman aren't actually happy unless they have perfect perky boobs, a very slender waist, and are dressed to the nines. Did you know that in a study of all the major cities of the United States, Salt Lake City was number TWO behind Hollywood for plastic/body altering surgeries???

I'm just putting it out there that I don't get it. I guess I'm mostly disappointed in society (what's new?). Why on earth are we concerned with breast size? I mean, mine are small...so, oh well...I got the short stick in the gene pool. The saddest thing is that I'm brainwashed sometimes into actually caring. Those weak moments usually come after a guy I'm interested in goes for a skinny girl with huge boobs, who may or may not have a cute face or a desirable personality. Thank Heaven I truly do know that there are existing males who at least try very hard to think more with their brains and hearts than other parts.

Disclaimer:
a. I'm 100% aware that there are many wonderful, amazing women who just happen to be thin and were blessed with large breasts. I'm friends with some.
b. I also realize that there are circumstances that cause real contemplation for breast augmentation. I'm related to one.

9 comments:

FamilyKolbaba said...

I had to comment on your boob job post because it was so YOU and nice and blunt. Back when I was thinner I used to worry people thought I'd had surgery....and eventually decided I didn't care either way. Power to the flat-chested people!

Carrie said...

I respect your opinion and I still totally plan on getting one. :) or 2 I guess- can't just have the one done, that would be awkward.

Teresa said...

We love to check your blog, you are so funny!

Torre said...

Yes, I totally agree with you! There are so many out there that those of us with normal bodies are made to feel abnormal and unattractive! Thank heavens for underwire!

BKC said...

I love your honesty :) it makes me laugh. ANd it's TRUE!!

Anonymous said...

The thing about the gym is so true! There are so many women at the gym that I go to that wear outfits that are so ridiculously tight, and revealing, that it's obvious that they did not come to the gym to workout:)

Brynn said...

I'm with Carrie. Not because I care what I look like, but I hate having a saggy, deflated chest. And I'm sure I will only truly be happy once I have them. But don't worry, I'll cover them up. And my stomach won't be skinny.

The Manzo's said...

I'm with Carrie and Brynn and I have HUGE real boobs yet after I'm done have children I'll probably get a "lift" (is that the technical term?) Like they said, not because I care what others think, but because I care about not having to tuck them into my jeans. I also will not have a thin tummy :)

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Nice topic. It would've been good to see you, but I understand... I hope you had a fun activity with the singles! I miss those good ol' days too! :)