The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Day With a Pooch

Who knew that someday MY Christmas Day entertainment would be provided by a puppy? I mean, I've spent a lot of calories arguing my dislike and annoyance with dogs- mostly due to my extreme allergies...well...and because most of them truly are annoying.

Back to the story...I slightly reluctantly headed to my parents house a couple days before Christmas, not because I don't love my parents or because I'm not grateful for the holiday "festivities", but because the exchange of presents and enjoyment of my brother and his family had already happened on Thanksgiving. Thus, my Christmas was going to consist of my parents, 2 grandmas and 1 step-grandpa. Hmmmm...

Then came Christmas Eve when I learned that there must be a Santa Claus! Due to some out of the ordinary circumstances my "cousin" Kevin showed up at my house with his little puppy Jaxon! Now, Kevin was enough himself to cause me to jump for joy.

Because the whole Christmas Day itself was mainly the oldies and we didn't even open presents until like 2 p.m. after we went and retrieved my grandma from her assisted living joint in the pounding snow, the puppy ended up being the life of the party!
He got jingle balls from Santa and we watched him for hours it seemed. We took pictures of him, we took videos of him, we held him, we played with him. It was so odd for my life.

I will admit I love the little varmint. I'm not very allergic to him and he never barks and he's tiny and he looks like a teddy bear.

Interesting year.

Hoping Christmas Day 2009 IS spend with my brother.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

My favorite part is retrieving your grandma from the old folks home :)