The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Friday, May 2, 2008

The Swimming Revelation

So, I will no doubt sound ridiculous and ignorant to some but I JUST figured out why I was getting so tired when I would swim laps! You see, I'm training for a mini-triathlon and it's in two weeks. I've been working hard, but I just never could seem to free style swim the full distance (12 legnths) all at one time. I kept thinking it was strange that I seemed to not be in good enough shape to make it, but I would get soooo out of breath! WEll, yesterday I was swimming along on about my 3rd lap about to drown and I had this revelation: I completely hold my breath when I'm under water! Then I quickly blow out before I come up for air. DUMB! I got kind of hopeful with this discovery. So, I started to make sure I was blowing out the whole time under water and then breathe in when I come up... Never holding my breath at all... Novel concept? Well, apparently it took me like 20 years of my life to figure it out. All of a sudden I could swim forever! I swam 24 lengths after that without stopping! So exciting for me! Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

KC said...

I think I'm still at the stage where I can't open more than one eyelid when under water. Your breathing and swimming is an advanced level, I think. Good luck training and eat your Wheaties!

FamilyKolbaba said...

I got a little worried when you said you had learned something you needed to change and then said it was holding your breath under water....like the alternative would to breathe under water......shows how much I know about swimming!

Brynn said...

HELLO!!!!!! We learned than in our swimming class in Hawaii!

Carrie said...

oh mate...