The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Day in the Life...my favorite radio DJ, a sleeping homeless person in my yard, and the best weekend


Yehaw! So this is Chunga! He's my favorite little morning DJ. Lisa and I went to the 1,000,000,000th song event at Legacy Mazda a couple weeks ago mostly so I could meet him and get a free T-shirt (which of course was an XL and I ended up giving it to my dad). Anyway, I listen to 101.9 every morning and laugh at the commentary. I even call in during "What's Happening Hot Stuff?" from time to time and end up on the air talking with Chunga, Chelsea, and Cort to tell them some sort of nonsense. For example, last Friday morning I called to tell them about this:

So, I had gotten up at 6 to go running (which isn't a very regular occurance) before a full day of EFY coordinator training. It was still slightly dark outside and as I walked out down the stairs I see this lump in the dead center of our grassy courtyard. Hmmm...what's that? I got closer and realized it was a person in a sleeping bag, asleep. Why? Who knows! I'm pretty sure I identified it as a woman. There was a walking stick next to the bag...so, homeless? hitch-hiker? out-door granola type? kicked out by spouse? I was a little freaked out, but took off running. When I came back, she was still there. After I showered and got ready and went to leave, she was still there...amongst cars starting all around to go to work. I snapped a picture real quick and off I went. I had to call Chunga about this one. He suggested the warm water in a cup, dipping hand prank so she would pee the sleeping bag, but I was already gone at this point, and I don't know if I'd have the guts to do that to a complete stranger! ha ha Anyway, weirdness... I loved coordinator training:

What a great, uplifting weekend! This is our Eastern U.S. team. Ben (bottom left) is our awesome administrator. He's the best boss ever! I love him! The rest of us make up his coordinator team running the program all over the Eastern states! Talk about some amazing people to be surrounded by for a whole weekend. There were about 20 other coordinators there also. I wish it could have lasted longer! I loved every minute of it and appreciate the affect all their characters will have on me forever. And I'm excited to work with my partner in crime, Davey. EFY 2008! "Sure and Steady" Here we go again! Another sweaty humid summer!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it, I love it. BTW- have you gotten a wedding present yet? If you haven't I have the perfect thing we can go in on together. call me xo

Brynn said...

dude, that's hilarious! i can't wait for this weekend!!!! Woohoo!

The Giffs said...

I love it! I wish I was there to see the bum. Happy Birth(yester)day