The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kelly Clarkson in the Rain!

Funny Story:
So, my pal Mindy scored some free tickets to the Kelly Clarkson concert (Yes!) and I was lucky enough to accompany her. The venue was the UVU baseball stadium field in Orem...hmmm...never had a concert there before.

We were pretty excited and had our blankets and snacks ready. It had been a pretty cloudy/rainy day, as has been the theme of the last couple weeks here in "happy valley."
So, we park with not too much trouble, but then, low and behold- the line of death. Everyone just had general admission lawn tickets so an ENORMOUS line had formed starting at the front gate and extending a couple miles at least. I don't think I can sufficiently exaggerate the length of the line. But, I cheerfully got in the line and didn't think much of it.

After a few seconds I look over and see that Mindy is ANXIOUS and stressed, maybe even a little panicky.

S: "You alright Mind?"

M: "Well, what is this line? Are we even in the right line? Are we going to get in on time?"
S: "Not sure...looks like this is the only line, I'm sure it'll be fine..."

M: "I think I might go check it out.."

S: "You go ahead and investigate, whatever will make you feel better..."

.......
.......do da do ....... ......standin' in the line ........ .......people watching ....... .......run into friend Amy from Florida ....... ......not moving ...... ......ten minutes go by ...... ......Cell phone rings, it's Mindy

S: "Hey, what's the scoop?"

M: "Oh my gosh Shell, just get outa line and come up here!"

S: "What? Where? Are you sure?"
M: "Oh yeah, they've only got two people up here checking tickets, it's gonna take forever! I mean, we're supposed to wait in that line, but it's so long. I can't wait in that line. Just walk up here trust me!"
S: "Whatever you say! I put my life into your hands now."

.... .....walking ...... .....wow, this line really is long! ..... .....walking ..... .....see sign that says, "No outside food or drink" .....dam* it! ..... .....hurry and wrap all the snacks in the blanket ..... ......finally see Mindy standing to the side of the security checkpoint!

S: (whispered) "So? What are we doing?"
M: "Just come here..."

Mindy proceeds to take me over to some tween girls with braces that are about 4 people back from the front of the line, and says to them in a very sweet innocent tone, "Uhm, can we get in line with you girls?"
Tweens: "Sure"
AND IN WE GO!!! BRILLIANT!!! WHY DON'T I THINK LIKE THAT?


Twas raining, but we had a blast singing and dancing around, and there was a beautiful rainbow!





2 comments:

Carrie said...

how fun! kelly clarkson in the rain- sounds awesome to me!

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

I LOVE Kelly Clarkson! But I think I like to see you singing her best. :)