The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Monday, November 17, 2008

Love the Outdoors!!!

There are a lot of little gems of beauty in Utah...the weekend of Halloween I went to Cedar City with my pal Amber to hang with some of her buddies that live down there. Our few hours in SNOW CANYON (St. George) were definitely the highlight. It was a glorious perfect day and I had a good/suspenseful time trying to keep up with the boys on the climbing. I LOVE the sun and beautiful weather and beautiful scenery and I LLLOOOOOVVVVEEE being active in the outdoors. I will keep the memory alive as the snow begins to fall and my Seasonal Affective Disorder kicks in. I'm going to try and deal with it better this winter!!! It is a goal...




6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love being outdoors too. The weather has been quite agreeable lately which allows me to go on walks with McKay.

Torre said...

You'll just have to go to the tanning bed once a week like I'm going to do in the winter for some light therapy! Or, come stay at the condo in Brianhead with us--it's quite scenic!

Lisa Lou said...

oh yeah. SAD.
why didn't you put some of those awesome behind shots up?

Lisa Lou said...

I read a journal article about SAD and a study they did in which they had a controlled trial of dawn simulation (like the light you have) and ionized air vs. bright light therapy, like a light box you look at after you are already awake, and they can be considered alternatives to a light box. Also, they talked about the use of supplements like melatonin and stuff.

Brett and Lisa said...

36 kids totally counts... that is harder than having one of your own for sure!

Jamie said...

I still need to go to these beautiful places!!!