The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sisterhood

If you know me pretty well, you've probably heard me sometimes "complain" that I don't have a sister...or you at least probably understand why I would do well having one. I really enjoy my girlfriends a lot, and I seem to have been able to find absolute gems every place I've gone and in many circumstances. I think I have an over abundance of love sometimes. I often try to turn some of my friends into my sisters in my head...which has sometimes not worked out real well because then I think our friendship should mirror some of the best sister relationships I've seen...and eventhough I am willing to put forth that effort...usually it's not reciprocated in quite as much abundance...most likely because they already have a sister!-or something Even still, I consider myself very lucky and blessed because of the fabulous friends I have in my life. I'm pretty good at keeping in touch with all of them because I just don't know how to be any different. I love them all! I wish they were all my sisters. Chances are, if you're reading this, you're one of them! Some of you love that I keep in close contact, some are just as good at it as me, and some probably feel overwhelmed...whatever your situation may be, I love you! And thanks for being my friend!
I was thinking about all this as I watched "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" WITH some of my very best friends!!! Ally, Lisa, Carrie, Jessica, Jen, and Heather. It was a really fun and special night. We definitely missed Jamie, Mandy, and Amy(s)! We took some pictures of course:



Speaking of fabulous friends, I took a trip down to California for the weekend and got to see more of them! Lisa came with me and it was lovely. I ran with Brynn in the Disneyland 5k, which was fun and kind of hilarious because there were so many people to weave around. Then Lisa and I got to spend time with Mandy and Nate at Disneyland because they were up from Arizona. And I got to see my Schmoop Dog, Carrie, and her family and cute kids on Sunday. Fabulous! (Adriane, Holly, Lindsey, and Sari- I wish I could have seen you too! Next time!) On our way back we stopped in Vegas and saw Natalie and Jason too! We miss them being up here!





Also, last week Aunt Cindy came up from Cali so I had my women all in one place :0 Cindy, Pam, Jane, Honey, and my Mom:

6 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

oh kitty. This is so cute! Yeah, I can see why it took you all day. So many people who love you! The picture of us in front of the mickey ears is funny. YOu can kind of see my droopy eye!

Jamie said...

Oh Shell-bell... such beautiful pictures filled with beautiful girls! AND... super cute shoes. <3

The Manzo's said...

Remember when we were younger and you told me Shannon was your sister...I totally believed you! You guys totally look a like! LOL fun times! Miss you!

Crockett Family said...

Oh, Shelley I love those pictures and miss those cute girls! You have to tell them "hi" from me. What is Ally Dang, Jen, Heather and Lisa up to? Where is Carrie living now? I wish I could have joined you guys for that movie. I know I will never be able to convince John to watch it with me. I am glad to know I was missed! It makes me happy! You, Lisa and Ally need to come visit us. Bring Jen and Heather too. We would have so much fun!

The Giffs said...

What a sweet blog. I feel just as lucky and blessed to have you as a friend. Thanks again for stopping to see us even though it put you home at 2:30 a.m. You're a good friend and we miss you too!

Mom said...

My sweet Shell-Bell, I enjoyed your blog, much made me laugh and much made me sad you weren't still my 16 year-old as you always make life fun. Can't wait to visit Mickey next week with you. Love, Ma