The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gratitude

Four things I'm really grateful for today:

1. I REALLY like our new roommate Rachel. She's funny, cool, from So. Cal, loves Disney, and owns seasons of 24 that I haven't seen yet.
2. I LOVE the people in my cast of Seussical. It's a really fun show and I enjoy rehearsal because there are so many fun cute people of all ages to have fun performing with. It will be exciting when the show opens!
3. For the most part, I really like my class. They are good, fun, smart, interesting kids. It's a lot of work, and so tiring, but I feel like trying extra hard for them.
4. This morning I was driving past a Jr. High bus stop. I've driven past the group of kids that are there waiting for the bus a couple times and noticed one kind of unfortunate girl that looks...different...and stands at a distance from the rest. It has made me sad a couple times now. HOWEVER, today when I drove by, she was in her normal spot, but there were about 5 other girls that had moved over and included her in a circle and were talking to her. Because of how it looked, I assume they were saying kind things. It made me very happy and I got a little tear in my eye. See the world isn't ALL bad!

4 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

oh kitty! The story of the little girl almost made me cry a little bit! So cute and tender!

Lisa Lou said...

AND it's funny that one of the points of why you like Rachel is because she owns 24. It's like for me, if she was related to the Osmonds or knows how to folk dance. Which maybe she is and does...never can tell...

Jamie said...

Okay, I loved the post, and then I read Lisa's comments and it made me relive so many happy memories of laughing! I love that you noticed that and shared it... thanks Shell... you made my day brighter!

The Giffs said...

I'm so glad someone else's happiness brought you happiness. You're so sweet. I'm also glad that you have a good class and a good roommate.