The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Still Thanking...

Today I am thankful for:

-Disco Inferno, the Musical- Who knew? I had never heard of it, but I saw that the Scera theater was holding auditions for it and the thought of dancing in a show sounded pretty appealing for my life right now. SO, turns out that after callbacks I ended up with the female lead role, Jane. Don't know much about the show yet, but I know I get to sing some solos and duets and dance some disco! Sounds good to me! (Show runs Jan.8-16)
-Skylar's Note- In this job of mine, there are rarely times when I feel appreciated and a lot of the time my head is about to explode. But there are the few moments of cute kindness, like this note I got from one of my students a couple days ago (granted I asked them to write a Thank You note to anyone of their choice): "Miss Young, Thank you for showing us that you are here to teach us. Thank you for holding us in your excellence. You really have a kind heart & soul. You have changed our lives. That you for being the teacher we know you are." Yes, a 4th grader wrote that...or copied it from a poem, lol DEEP! But it made me happy.
-Kim- my friend Kim is such an amazing example to me in every way! I haven't seen her in quite some time, and I should really remedy that! I am so thankful for her friendship and the bright spot she has created in my life and memories. (Sure wish you were still with me here at Snow Springs Kimmy!)



4 comments:

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

Thanks for the shout out Shelley. I miss you and can't wait to meet over a burger and I really can't wait to see you in your leading role too.

Lisa Lou said...

"Thank you for holding us in your excellence."
This made me laugh. Sweet.

Jamie said...

You are a star! Important enough to have your own rehearsal... this is the big time dude... the disco big time! You'll be great!

dr. o said...

That note is awesome and you got a lead role!! Too fun!! I'm so excited for you. I will have to go back & read your dates & what was it- Disco Inferno? It sounds a little mamma mia-ey and that is Excellent!