The Great WALT DISNEY

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

Monday, March 30, 2009

I really hate this place...

Sorry, this is nothing but a venting session. You can agree or disagree with my current distaste. Saturday it was sunny and 60 degrees, beautiful...well, beautiful except for the fact that what the sun was shinning on were a bunch of dead nasty tree skeletons, dead brown grass, nasty muddy gutters, unkempt yards, and dirty buildings & houses. I'm not complaining about the sun at all, just the effects of 6 months of snow. And of course that sunny day was simply another teaser because yesterday the snow came back, blizzard style. Today I went downstairs to leave for work at the cheery hour of 7 a.m. and there was a heaping 8 inches of snow on my car. So, much to my extreme annoyance I pulled the scraper out of the trunk where I thought I had put it AWAY for Spring. The wind was blowing something like 40 mph and as I dusted the snow off holding my 4 bags and bagel the wind blew my hair to a wet frenzy and so lovingly blew chunks of snow from the car into my face, eyes, and mouth. After a few words of profanity, covering myself with snow, and having the freshly applied mascara drip down my face, I took off for the 20mph drive past all the poor fools who slid off the road. Why do I want to move out of Utah you all ask? OH I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha ha ha! I keep hearing about all the snow from my mom and my sister Adrienne. It's been a hard hit year (which is good for the snow pack). It's always been somewhat unpredictable in Utah, but seems much more this year. Arizona is quite predictable - HOT.

Brynn said...

Yeah, that sucks. Maybe you should move to Orange County.

Carrie said...

love you. at least it's not ice. come & visit then just stay :)

Torre said...

I never fully understood why Californians are always saying they hate Utah weather until I spent those four days last month in Palm Springs! It is so beautiful...flowers, palm trees, sunshine......I want to go back!