Babies are my favorite...there are few things I enjoy doing more than holding a 7 hour old new born. SO, when I got the call from Daniel that Carrie had Chloe Ruth Carnley yesterday at 6:10 a.m., I made the spontaneous decision that I was going to call in sick to work and drive the 4 hours to St.George...which then led me to bust open Lisa's bedroom door, wake her up, and say,"Wanna go to St. George today?" It was that easy. We were off! We surprised Carrie and Daniel and just showed up at the hospital. It was a reunion of 3 roommates who have lived together for a total of about 5 years of our lives and now we have a baby! Welcome Chloe!
The Great WALT DISNEY
"If you can dream it, you can do it."
"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
Thursday, April 10, 2008
These are a few of my favorite things...
Babies are my favorite...there are few things I enjoy doing more than holding a 7 hour old new born. SO, when I got the call from Daniel that Carrie had Chloe Ruth Carnley yesterday at 6:10 a.m., I made the spontaneous decision that I was going to call in sick to work and drive the 4 hours to St.George...which then led me to bust open Lisa's bedroom door, wake her up, and say,"Wanna go to St. George today?" It was that easy. We were off! We surprised Carrie and Daniel and just showed up at the hospital. It was a reunion of 3 roommates who have lived together for a total of about 5 years of our lives and now we have a baby! Welcome Chloe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ahhhh cute! Congrats Carrie!
so cute! congratulations to all 3 of you! it looks like 'mate did most of the work (i know her name is carrie, but mostly i've only heard you call her 'mate)
Thanks! I am excited to be a mommy just like both of you! I LOVE YOU MATE AND KITTY, thanks for coming! It meant so much to me! And I DID cry after you left that you were gone.
That is what I love about you Shelley...you are willing to drop "important" things for the real meat of life! (sorry didn't mean to sound like Simon Cowell)
Shelley! I can't believe you! You are good friends with Rachel and I and you haven't even put our blog as one of your "blog buddies?" I'm hurt - no, I'm offended! You have exactly 72 hours to put us on your blog! just in case you don't know our address: http://charlie.theallenclan.org
Post a Comment